View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2017, 07:43 (Ref:3753887)   #32
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
As drivers get older, they always lose a few tenths I am not particularly directing this at JP, but it's just a fact. They lose that last half a second and also the consistency to deliver it over a season.

This is not a criticism, just AD coupled with the increased responsibilities that come with age whereas the exuberance, pure confidence and lack of fear from young drivers is marks them out. I will lave the words on this to Dindo Capello on retiring from LMP1 at Le Mans at 48 years of age.

"Sometimes age is age - you cannot change it. When you fight for tenths of a second, everything should be perfect, and if this is my last Le Mans, one of the reasons is age. It would be nice to be perfect until you are 70 or so - unfortunately it doesn't work like that."