Thread: WEC 2017 WEC Season
View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2017, 02:09 (Ref:3718288)   #291
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hey uh, you're guessing on the budget part and you're getting personal with your comments. I think you should read the comment for what it is instead of as an attack on Audi.

It's possible to do 8mj with two kers', so you don't have to do the f1 level ers-h. Every major manufacturer has a hybrid car that uses kers, even the Peugeot Citroën group. I don't care about the incentive to do higher electric energy. I even said they should drop it. But the notion that it's all hybrids' fault that the budgets are high is misleading. That's why I used the Audi example.

They were undoubtedly the biggest spending team but they had the least amount of hybrid power. Peugeot or the ACO, whoever, is leaning towards one energy recovery system (or type of system). Well that was what Audi was going with but that didn't keep their budget low. So if going hybrid is so expensive why is it that the cheaper teams had two ers's to Audi's one? So no, it's not just the hybrid.