View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3163381)   #5
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
All good points, thanks for those. It was exactly at the point of contemplating if panels would have to be removed that I decided there was a choice to make.

I think option A is out really. Although it's great fun to own and drive, I just don't have sufficient attachment to the car, or funds, to embark on a complete restoration. As for option B, I could do most of the work myself, but it would never be to professional standards. I guess that means it wouldn't add that much to its value, so would just be for my own enjoyment and perhaps make it much more saleable. As for just tarting it up. It may be logical, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to do it.

Perhaps I'll settle on just sorting out some of the basic faults properly, getting rid of some of the dubious modifications that have been done to it over the years, then having another go selling it for sensible money.