View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1544310)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
I seem to remember seeing ex-works Supra(s) advertised for a long time in Motoring news as I recollect they were not particially successful on the track. I also believe one of these cars was purchased by one of our competitors for use in the BARC Modified Production Saloons which I was running at the time and as I recollect it was a bit of a disappointment, looked the part but just did not seem to deliver, I think as I recollect it was extremelly heavy, as heavy or heavier than my Camaro but with less BHP.
Hi, I think you're thinking of the later Supra, the 3.0 litre Turbo that raced (or tried to!) 1988/89.
They sounded wonderful for the short time they ran, but just didn't run very long.
These cars also looked fantastic, bright red and sponsored by Shell. Chris Hodgetts was the lead driver, and had numerous team mates.
One other point. I don't think that BTCC Cars had RAC Log Books in 1984...