View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2008, 18:48 (Ref:2180905)   #9
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger_racer
Iam sure i read some mag possibly trc that one of its staff members was doing up a ex Rouse alfa to go club racing. it was a while ago now tho.
I reckon that's where I remember seeing it as well- in one of those regular 'our staff projects' features in one of the mags- think it was still blue, but heavily-modified with lightweight panels, flared arches and a 'big' Alfa V6- probably a 3-litre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer

BTW I think that Rich Harman image you've linked is Rob Kirby's example? not enteirely sure though. There were subtle differenced between the 2 ARDT cars. Dooley's first ran in the last season of Grp 1 and was then converted to Grp A spec. It ran lower and had a sort of side exahust system, whereas Rob's has a more standard system. Jon's car aso ran different wheels to Kirby's - Jon's were silver Compomotive's and Kirbys more the 'mag' style white alloys.
Just checked, and I'm sure you're right- Kirby's car ran as no32 as in the pic, Dooley's as no30

Last edited by KA; 18 Apr 2008 at 18:51.