View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2002, 13:04 (Ref:330159)   #24
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
And another agreement here. I forgot about the rally guys, like Ayse I don't find it exciting to watch, that's the trouble of racing against the clock not each other. But when it comes to skill they are probably unsurpassed. The reaction time is amazing, and the speed unbelievable when you see the how close they are to numerous bits of deadly scenery. When you see reporters who have had a ride in a saloon or sportscar they are impressed by the speed and braking; those who have a ride in a rally car usually end up laughing hysterically, screaming or swearing - and often all three!

'Out of control control' is the best way I can describe their driving. Still don't particularly want to watch it though, certainly wouldn't stand in the rain in a Welsh forest all day for it. Whereas standing in the rain at Tetre Rouge is heaven of course!