View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1699286)   #36
jonners
Racer

jonners should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
plastic doors, boot, bonnet, windows etc - means cars can race but subject to a higher 'tariff'

also non standard throttle bodies (instead of carbs)

brakes - particularly rear drums swopped for discs??

dash removed??

wheel arches

wheel size

multi point weld in cage as opposed to basic bolt in

just a few ideas - could get over complex but i really like the idea and it would be great to encourage cars from other championships to join in

also what about, say, a seventies saloon carrying a lower 'tariff' than an eighties saloon??

how to distinguish cars in each class - what about seventies style rallcross different roof colour or big vinyl squares or something

low 'tariff' for cars driven to the circuit

getting carried away now - i think it's a great idea but could be recipe for never ending debate if there are too many criteria

back to the thread topic - does anyone remember Angela Hart?? Used to chat to her occasionally and she was going out with Jonathan Woodward - are they still racing?

John Newbold gave up completely and his red Lotus Cortina still 'exists' as a road car with a new shell and all the go faster bits removed...

I also remember the best sounding v6 Capri ever - a white one driven by ?? Derek Wileman?? That sounded fantastic