View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2006, 14:31 (Ref:1559648)   #12
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
25 seems about right, in Jeremy Walton's Capri book it says "They made 17 by the time the 1980 season got underway".
Were the 6 road cars on top of this ?, one of which was built up from a shell meant for Gordon 'FC003' and had an X-pack pic below...

I was offered a CC road car a few years back in part ex. for an RS3100 I had that was in bits, but as I had 5 Capri's I needed to cut down not do a swap.
This one was then bought by John Hill of the Capri Club Int.

Here are some pics I have taken of CC20 Brian Chatfield / Peter Winstone / Mike Sarsfield then as you say restored to Esso colours by Ric Wood.

I spoke to Ric about these cars maybe 15 years ago as most seem to have passed through his hands at some time, but have forgotten most of it. I remember seeing the yellow 'Metro Breakers' Mod Saloon at his place which may be his 4.0 car and I think is a CC car ?

Is the Jeff Allam car the one raced by Dave Streather then Graham Wait.
What about Colin Woodcocks Mod Saloon, I think that was a self build ?

Wasn't Terry Nichols car up for sale recently in France and in Gulf colours? There was also a Ford press car dressed up as the Faberge car on ebay recently, a friend took a pic of it in Ford's secret storage unit in Chiswick. This may be what is being stripped as I think Alan Dafyn bought it to reshell his race car.

Pic I took of the one in the Stavelot Museum...