View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2775741)   #4
brendonwood1
Rookie

Australia
brendonwood1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally, there was in December-January there was a four round New Zealand Touring Car Championship held over December 1985-January 1986.

Round 1 was at Baypark and was won by Trevor Crowe (BMW 635CSi) from Graeme Cameron in the Petch Volvo.
Round 2 was a Pukekohe in support of the New Zealand Grand Prix. The evolution version of the Commodore VK was homologated and Graeme Bowkett took pole and won ahead of Crowe and Cameron.
Round 3 was at Manfield. Francevic was back in the Volvo and diced throughout with Bowkett in the Commodore before the Volvo got through to win.
Round 4 was at Wigram in support of the Lady Wigram Trophy meeting. There were two heats, with Crowe and Bowkett winning one heat each.

Of interest, David Oxton debuted the ex-Rouse Sierra during the series. Although the Raceyear annual doesn't mention this, I remember that Oxton got at least one pole.

Again, I only have brief results.

This takes us through to the 1986 Nissan Mobil 500 series at Wellington and Pukekohe. Extensive results for both races are available on Frank de Joeng's website and Wellington race highlights can be found on Youtube.
I will post up a report on this series when I return from my NZ trip in a few weeks time.