View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2017, 00:42 (Ref:3769843)   #40
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
By others I meant the media and fan bleating at the time.

FWIW (i.e. Should be ignored by the FIA) I don't think there should be a rule on championship positions of other series. I'd have the minimum criteria that the FIA has the right to grant or deny a superlicence after judgement.

I'm probably for experience guidelines rather than results. With maybe a stipulation of testing mileage. The issue shouldn't be whether the driver has won stuff as the better driver, or one with most promise, becomes attractive anyway. They can be judged on this by those who would employ the; who raced what, when, against who, in which team, etc...

However some experience is good whatever. The issue is being used to the cars and also track awareness for safety and not to get in the way. It's a little like a super-ARDS. You don't get a racing licence by setting quick times, you get it by showing you can drive sensibly, smoothly and pay attention to instruction, others around you and showing you can be in control. The quick times can come later after you've shown your not a liability.
Perfect sense Adam.