View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3792038)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Kyvat still has talent somewhere, that's why they signed him, but if he ever wants to come back to F1, he needs to learn how not to throw it off the track or into other cars
My perception is that for a simulation driver a few things would be very helpful...

1. Accurate and usable feedback
2. Experience in the actual car, or in similar car
3. Enough talent to drive the car to the limit (expose the full performance envelope).

I have no idea about #1 for Kyvat. But I expect he checks the boxes for #2 (good number of race starts) and #3 (he can be quick). What seems to be the issue for Kyvat is getting lost in his own mind games and resulting lack of focus and ultimately performance. And... competitive situations seem to aggrevate this. His negatives may not be exposed as a test/simulation driver. This may be a win for Ferrari. However I am not sure its a great career move for Kyvat. He should look for success outside F1 IMHO.

Richard