R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
don't give up-
brian france is a bumbling billionare the reigns will be given to someone who cares and will make it good.
the season will have lots of good talent as usual so many new faces, it could be good.
it will be good, for 2020 when the tv contracts expire maybe they will get better tracks or kill double dates at some.
and don't bring up dirt, because the ARCA cars on dirt are not fun it is pretty tame.
Thank you. I don't know. Like I said, I started following stock car racing in 1958, at the age of 5. My dad took me to my first race in 1959. It happened to be the last Grand National Division race that was run at the old Lakewood Fairgrounds track. The next year, the Grand National races were moved to the then newly opened Atlanta International Raceway, in Hampton, GA. I saw the majority of NASCAR'S history happen right before my eyes. I only missed the first 10 years. I saw it go from a regional sport to the very top form of racing in the United States. Over that time, I have seen literally generations of drivers come into the sport, run their careers and then retire. I've seen the cars evolve (I almost say, de-evolve) from "stock" cars to stock appearing cars, to cars that have nothing in common with stock cars, back to cars that look some what like stock appearing cars. There have been too many changes and many of them have not been for the good.

I pray that you are right, that someone will replace Brian France, someone that will do more to help the sport, instead of to kill it and I hope it happens before his bumbling does too much damage to make it completely unwatchable. I'll agree with you that once again, there is allot of new talent, new faces coming up from the ranks and it will be interesting to see how they do, now that they have made it to the top. We'll see what happens with the 2020 TV contract, hopefully, France has not damaged the sport to a point that will make it difficult for them to get a new contract. His bumbling has largely KILLED the TV ratings! They need to be very careful about how they do the schedule. I agree, that the tracks with two dates, need to lose their second date, with the exception of Daytona. The 4th of July weekend race needs to be kept. But dropping traditional tracks/races does not need to be done, that will do more harm than good. The schedule needs to remain somewhat consistent. Changing race dates, that have been on the same dates for years is not good. Witness what happened when the Southern 500 was moved from it's original/traditional date. The event lost it's prestige and it nearly killed the track. Moving this traditional race, back to it's original and rightful place on the schedule is the only thing that saved that track. That does not need to happen again, with any of the dates. New tracks, I can see them adding a race at Iowa Speedway, but aside from that track, I don't see any other tracks suitable. Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, the superspeedway they built outside of Nashville are all gone. It would be a good move if someone would put the 3/4 mile track, in Memphis, TN back into operation. That was always a good race for the Busch (now Xfinity) Series and I believe Cup would have done and could still do well there. If I had my way, they would add a couple of dirt track races to the schedule. Eldora for one. Tony Steward has done an outstanding job with that track. I'd like to see a 1 mile dirt track, Springfield, Knoxville, or DuQuinn would work. I have no problem with the ARCA dirt races. NASCAR's roots are on the dirt tracks. True, the ARCA races may be "tame" compared to the purpose built dirt late models or sprint and midget cars, but that was the same case, back in the day when the old Grand National Division raced on dirt as well. They still put on a good show, as does ARCA, considering again, that these are not purpose built dirt track cars. I always liked the ARCA races and the old and now sadly closed down USAC stock car division. We'll just have to see what happens this year. The unfortunately thing is that the BUMBLING IDIOT, France has run away most of the old line, diehard, life long, grass root stock car racing fans, like myself. He ran them away and most of them will not ever come back. They have moved on to other interests, away from racing. When you drive away your CORE fans, your fan base, that is a SERIOUS problem that may not can be overcome! Like I say, we'll just have to see what happens this season.