View Single Post
Old 2 May 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3730613)   #67
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Here's the clip of the last lap with the battle for 3rd spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGtQpwdeYE

The weaving looks "pro-active" to me, i.e. Aschenbach started the changing of the lane - which he did several times - and James shadowed him. This is allowed, unlike when you respond to a lane change from car directly behind you. The contact James made going into 14 to unsettle the Camaro so he could pull aside and ultimately ahead was deemed unfair [it's contact made with an advantage gained (swap of positions)], hence the penalty. Makes sense to me.
I disagree. Aschenbach should have hit him harder in the following corner. Weaving = bump in my mind. That was a great race ruined retroactively.

Thanks for the link!