View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2007, 14:30 (Ref:1939948)   #114
Rick Mears fan
Rookie

United States
USA
Rick Mears fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
o-kay lets get some things straight.

She has put in some good performances in the IRL. She has driven very well a few times.

BUT her attitude is incredibly arrogant. Sure there have been other whiners Michael Andretti a prime example but he was a winner and an all time great in Indy style racing.

Danica how ever is not. In her other series she has been in she hasn't had success and just whined that she wasn't given good enough equipment. Especially in British Formula Ford 2000 or whatever series it was is quite laughable when she said that and further takes away even more respect.

As pointed out a lot of times in this thread, she believes everything should be handed out to her on a silver plate. She believes her hype. She is probably the best female open wheel racer in America but in terms of talent compared with her male counterparts, she is just another driver who is over hyped and not winning in a championship winning team.

Dario and Kanaan are always at the front. She isn't. I am not forgetting Marco who is doing poor at the tracks that are not Indianapolis or not a non oval. I am sure the way things are currently going with his current tests in Formula 1 he will be in Formula 1 in 2008 or 2009.

But this about Danica. She is being marketed well but also not well. I have seen a photo of her that I still have for arguments sake of her without make-up and she looks very unattractive. With make up she looks quite pretty. But this is the type of hype and way over baloney marketing that makes me sick how the IRL is marketing her everywhere. Especially in cheap thrills magazines such as Playboy and FHM.

But at the end of the day currently there is noting setting the world a lite with the IRL, in terms of news and coverge the IRL is nothing in America, they have to do something. Danica is as well known as most NASCAR drivers. Trouble is, no one is still tuning in.