View Single Post
Old 8 Sep 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3765505)   #347
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading the words and analyzing the reflections of John Gaw, the Managing Director for Motorsport at Prodrive (Aston Martin Racing), I came to my mind the great battles between GT3 and GT2 in the 24 hours of Spa and 24 hours of Nurburgring of 6, 7 or 8 years ago.
Quote:
Gaw said:
“I think it’s important as the LMP1 issue gets sorted, we don’t lose sight of the opportunity that GT has, and we find a way to maximize the exposure of that to continue to attract new manufacturers.”
“There’s five manufacturers racing in GTE,” he told Sportscar365. “It’s obviously going quite well because there’s more manufacturers coming. There’s more manufacturers interested. So there’s nothing broken about GTE, I don’t think.
“The U.S. do GT-only races. I’m not saying that would work for WEC but there’s other ways of doing it.
“I’m in support of anything that improves the show for the manufacturers. Manufacturers go racing to sell cars and that’s how the race teams get budgets.
“Anything that helps that is a good thing.”
While in general support of the shift to a winter season, Gaw feels it won’t lead to as drastic of a cost reduction for some teams as initially projected.
“Cutting costs is an interesting subject,” Gaw said. “The main costs are not the actual, physical racing costs. The main costs are development, overheads, people, equipment. The number of races really don’t affect that.
“For teams like Ford or ourselves and some of the LMP2 teams that are based at Silverstone, dropping the Silverstone race doesn’t really affect the budget for the year.
“But if it keeps the championship alive and progressing and going forward, I am. it does.
“LMP1 is part the World Endurance Championship. It’s part of the family and the way things work. It has to be kept and the Super Season will help it.
“I just think what we have to do at the same time is not just focus on saving LMP1. We have to focus on maximizing a brilliant GT [class].
“If there’s no show for them to activate behind and therefore sell cars, then the marketing budgets become tighter and you get less manufacturers. So you want to maximize it so the future is secure.”
Analyzing these words I understand that he is not happy with the Super calendar of the WEC and that only was taken into account the emergency of LMP1 for this schedule, without considering the good moment of GTE.
We all know that the ACO never had a great affinity to the GT.
Ratel is the GT Man, I think that with a good BOP between GT3 PRO and GTE would be very interesting to admit GTE in Monza, Silverstone and Spa Francorchamps, and take advantage of the opportunity that the ACO leaves aside.
We could have a big battle between Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, Ford, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Bentley, McLaren and Lamborguini, taking all GT factory equipment together. We only need Corvette that they only race Le Mans in Europe.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/g...unity-for-gte/