Thread: Driver Lewis Hamilton Champion
View Single Post
Old 1 Nov 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3778001)   #24
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Great, great driver.

Not the nicest chap imo. All this social media stuff he "does for the fans" is for self publicity. He said years ago he is desperate to remain famous after F1.

I see he called the Mexican fans the best in F1. Did he not say the same in the US, Japan and Britain? He loves the fans so long as they fund his lifestyle.
Welcome to the real world, where this happens EVERYWHERE. It is the current way of the world. I'll reserve judgement on his personality if/when I meet him and make a proper assessment.

And just a correction - the fans do not 'fund' his lifestyle any more than the man on the street pays yours. He is paid by Mercedes and has sponsorship deals (which pay for his salary indirectly). Just like every other top sportsman, and indeed you. If you look deep enough.

It interesting, but if people like LH or any top flight sportsman were not making money for the team, then they wouldn't be paid what they are. The team makes more money from them than they make themselves.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.