View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2333068)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
DRT,
and we wait with bated breath...
thanks Crash Test.

Keeping it fairly simple Mr Gore's general approach to motor racing whether it be with his sponsorships or his team are my motivations to criticize. A few examples

1) Mr Gores favourite and never ending tirades over the years involved his belief that v8 supercars was now run as a business needing enhanced professionalism and it was time for some team owners to step aside.

However when another team poached a WPS Racing sponsor it appeared to be a professional business decision, but guess who screamed blue murder accusing the works team of treading on the poor little independent team. Hypocrisy at its finest.

2) The Ford relationship. Mr Gore's admirable ability to speak his mind on well just about anything worked against him when it came time to dealing with manufacturers. His decisions wear 'No Support From Ford' vindicated Fords decision to have nothing to do with the team and Mr Gore.

Then there was the anti John Hewson T-Shirts WPS backed and distributed during this interesting time in V8SA history is another example.

These two occassions called for diplomacy and tact, both were missing here which cost Mr Gore and opened him up for criticism.

3.) The Walker Racing ongoing affair
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/indy..._with_fa?.html

4.) As britekman alluded to there is allegations of money owing as well.

Tried my all to keep it short not to offend anyone but I hope that gives a little insight into my reasons for not bowing before said person for all his years service to motorsport

Just to restate though, Mr Gore's financial contribution is a loss to motorsport however based on the above his actions, general attitude to motorsport and those around him will not be missed.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 11 Nov 2008 at 12:45.