View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2004, 05:03 (Ref:994441)   #1
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"I drive a little bit better than the rest."

Another head line @ F1-live.com and it cracked me up when I saw it.

Just imagine what Senna could have achieved with a slave as a team mate, or perhaps Prost, or Mansell or Stewart: you know, a team mate that actually drives for your personal results and position race after race.

Let's just say, for example, that Ferrari isn't the way it is today, and that Todt did what Ron did many years ago and hired the TWO best drivers currently in F1 and put them with the best car they could, JAcques Villeneuve, and Michael Schumacher, surely: the top 2 in 1996-1997. What kind of results and points tallys could we expect from a 3-4 year partnership of these two drivers carving up in the best car in F1 with the added bonus of bullet proof reliability - I personally believe a situation like this, like what Williams has always had, and the same with McLaren, would lead Schumacher to not have anything like 6 titles, or 75 wins.
but of course as has been said elsewhere, no other driver has had the luxury of not having a fast team mate. Barrichello is good, but he is no where near Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Villeneuve or Montoya.

We can only dream of what could be however.....