View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3683632)   #4
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
I am not sure about Joest Porsche really. I doubt Joest would prefer to be a client again. They are left in a limbo. Too late to do anything for next year. They could stay at Audi and become something like WRT(but again a client), maybe move into DTM(we all know how that worked the last time). The best thing would be for Audi to have a comeback plan over the next 5 years and keep Joest around to pick up from where they left off.

While Joest Porsche sounds nostalgic, I will always associate the team more with Audi as here they ran a full factory programme whilst they were always clients of Porsche(exception 98).
Manthey have been linked to the WEC GTE effort as the in house squad...

Joest is still hiring people, new people, for a new project..... There might be, (and I use might in the loosest fashion possible)for a DPi project. It's now known that petrol engine for the R18 was in development prior to the program cancellation. What those jobs are, I have no idea.. nothing is posted, but, the 300 Audi Sport employees have been retained, and new people are being hired, or have been hired, by Joest. You don't have room for 300 people in FE, and redistribution of many of them is unecessary, and unlikly given what else is out there currently.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”