View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2011, 06:10 (Ref:2989885)   #370
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Thats my guess-unless Phoenix are leaving a car here. Which begs the question will the ultra version be the one they are campaigning or the older LMS version? Probably wont know until just before the event.

As much as I have loved seeing Mal Rose and his Commodore at the Ring I personally dont want to see V8 Supercars in this race-thats the point of this race-its a race at Bathurst which doesnt have V8 Supercars, its a race for GT and 'Production' type cars (dont ask me why the Commodore Cup cars there-not my decision).

Im in two minds about having Mal Rose's V8, part of me thinks that if he can race in overseas race like Bathurst who run to the same rules then he should get a start but on the other hand I dont want V8 Supercars to be part of this race, Im hanging out for the GT cars.

You could make an exception for Mal but then a V8 Supercar team would probably want to enter with a VE (Im not joking I could seriously see it happening) and then that would kill the appeal of the race for me and I wouldnt be the only one with that mindset.