View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3435880)   #15
August
Rookie

Finland
August should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
IIUC there is or was already an element. However, first generation biofuels are not an environmental solution (food versus fuel). It's not an alternative to hybrid technologies (not that any technology is perfect, mind). While I'd rather than the rules go down a similar direction to Le Mans (set fuel per lap, use it how you want - with a maximum supply cost to independent teams and keeping the engines per season rule), there's nothing actually wrong with the new V6s.
I would actually like that set fuel per lap rule, would give more freedom in engine design. To attract car manufacturers, the technilogy should be road relevant. But what's relevant for Renault isn't for Ferrari. Set fuel per lap and ress regulation otherwise would enable different power unit solutions.

A problem might be though that one solution would end up being way superior and other engines would have no business. Plus that might raise costs as I could see some manufacturers developing different power unit solutions at the same time to see what's the best.