Old 29 Apr 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1290094)   #63
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz
I checked some notes quickly and some old photos. The Lumina was first bought in from the US (NASCAR West Tour) to run as the Detroit Gasket car for an American driver Brad someone who trowled it coming out of 3 near the end of one of the night races - USA - AUS Challenge. It was then fixed by Midgleys crew (including Warwick deRose) to become a dedicated road course car for Jim.

This car was the fastest down Conrod (with a steel roof anyway).

Not sure what happened to Brad's Lumina (s) - did he have two? One was an ex-Jeff Gordon (Display?) car though I have a feeling that one of the Jones Luminas might have became a ride car for Kim Jane.
The Detroit Gaskets car was raced by Tracy Leslie and I think that was an ex-Harry Gant car. Also, I think the story about the second Brad Jones Lumina (yes, he did have two) was that it was Gordon's 1994 Coca-Cola 600-winning car. I can't remember if Jones had the car in time for the USA-AUS Challenge or not, but I'm pretty sure he ran the old car at that meeting (funnily enough, that USA-AUS Challenge was the first race meeting I ever went to!). Brad got his first Lumina in 1992 and I think he only ever did the Surfers NASCAR races in it to start with until he made the switch to NASCAR full-time.