View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3700619)   #64
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
It's the 'home' race to nearly all the F1 teams and personally I don't think there is a long queue of people wanting to pay FOM $100M to hold a GP and spend $250M on a circuit. The world is changing fast and government funded vanity projects are long gone - all IMO.
You say that but France looks to be re-joining, Argentina are making noises and we know that Dubai and Qatar are also in the hunt.

And what does a "home" race really mean? Up until the last race of last season, Germany had 4 drivers in F1 but they have struggled to get bums on seats and the race looks almost lost for ever. And the British GP is really not value for money for either the circuit or the punters. Having spent 3 days there last July, my sons and I severely regretted the huge cost that we had up stump up for the weekend, and collectively we all decided that for less cost we could have spent 3 days at Fairford Airshow (on the same weekend) including accommodation. And we would have been entertained from 1st thing in the morning until early evening, and been provided with free lunches and teas (damn good they were too in 2015 when we went there).