View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2017, 18:38 (Ref:3740946)   #85
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah, those blasted magazines, being a figment of imagination! I hate when magazines just don't exist, especially when they don't exist as printed paper and stuff!

If someone says it's in there, it's probably in there. Doesn't make it true, but I don't doubt the article exists. The Audi leaving Le Mans rumours didn't start with Marcus - that was just the first really good article on it. The Audi leaving Le Mans rumours were going since, oh I don't know, about 2003.
Those rumors back in 2003 probably weren't saying Audi will leave in 2016, so it is not like they can be counted all as the same, one, "the" rumor.

The timing here is what I don't get since these decisions at the company level are made at the end of the year. I think the Marcus Schurig article also came just a few weeks or couple of months before the actual pullout news came. (Also, wasn't the initial suggestion that Audi would leave after 2017).

Yes, there's maybe now a lot of media at the paddock right now but for the same reason unfounded rumor would spread easily.