View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2764183)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Well i lived and worked in India for two years. They will run a GP, they will probably sell a fair few tickets with all the cashed up crowd loving anything that allows them to flaunt their status in society. But, the travel, accomodation, beggers and crime with pick pockets etc will mean what few people decide to travel to the GP from Europe of other parts of Asia will most likely have a miserable time....they probably know that and probably wont attend.

Bernie is going there because its a big market for sponsors. But frankly, I am tired of watching huge amounts of money being thrown at India and watching it being squandered and lining the pockets of corrupt business/govt folk.

Seems odd that a country that receives so much from developed countries in the form of aid can somehow find the people to spend hundreds of millions on a GP circuit and race
I don't think it's odd at all. Hosting a GP these days seems to be about international prestige and nothing to do with racing and if it can be paid for with someone elses money so much the better.