Thread: Joest LMP1 2017
View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2016, 15:34 (Ref:3695007)   #48
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhtooefr View Post
Thing is, if Audi gives them any support at all relating to the chassis or chassis systems, they're out of LMP1 Privateer Trophy contention anyway.

And, them designing the chassis is probably enough. So, this thing is not going to get any official accolades unless a privateer can pay for Audi to run it as a hybrid against Porsche and Toyota.
I took a quick peek yesterday at the technical and sporting regulations to see how it defined who can be in LMP1-H (manufacture) and LMP1 (privateer) and couldn't find the details very quickly so I gave up. But I tend to agree that running a non-hybrid version in the privateer class likely runs afoul of the rules somewhere. If it was anything more than a dream I would dig to find the particulars.

Richard