Thread: Joest LMP1 2017
View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3695044)   #50
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Another thing to do the list of never ending obstacles is the fact that the additional downforce packages for the car are likely not fully developed, let alone even tested yet. Impossible to be anywhere near competitive over the course of the season without those.

It makes no sense, LMP1H is simply nothing a privateer can pull off on their own, even if that privateer is Joest. Back when Joest last successfully ran customer cars against works opposition, technology was much, much simpler.
(I said I am done posting about this, but clearly I am not! )

Yeah, I didn't call out details, but I talked about the need to develop the car going forward. Depending upon which version of the story you use...

2016 car (that has the existing 2016 aero packages, but would need development to keep up for 2017 as everyone else will have new for 2017)
2017 car (IMHO, may have a base package defined, but not all two or three that is allowed for the season. So someone will have to finish those up)

Richard