View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3767220)   #292
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course the drivers say they're too slow in the corners - they don't want to be held up. When the classes are closer in speed, the drivers complain they're too close - see LMP3/GTE/GT3 in ELMS/LM Cup.

I see that as part of dealing with multi-class racing. If the classes get equalised too much, then I don't see the point in different classes. GT cars are slow in the corners, but that's generally how it's always been. As long as it isn't dangerous (and we're having far less accidents now with the more powerful LMP1 and LMP2 cars), I don't see the problem with it. Traffic management is part of the skillset required. If you have to wait behind a car for a corner, you have to wait behind. It's also why I enjoyed Mexico more than I expected - because the track forced the P1 drivers to be smart about where they could pass in the esses. Track itself seems quite bleh, but it produced great traffic situations round the back of the circuit.

I personally don't have a problem with the current setup. Given the rising prices of GTE cars, I'd rather not see even faster cars introduced.