View Single Post
Old 11 May 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3072760)   #33
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Cool , Im delighted for you , but it mightnt be everybodys cup of tea , I was trying to point out . I have experiance of seeing how someone who is not interested , putting the kybosh on the whole week .

If my wife decided to bring the family on a tennis tournament holiday , Id be bored off my tits !!!

Thats my point , there has to be some interest ..... Its not the Silverstone 6 hours with home at the end of the day , and its not such fun when your trying to keep your little ones dry when the heavens open for the week .
That has genuinely surprised me. In total, I have been with 20 people for the first time at Le Mans - none of whom have had any appreciation, understanding or fanship towards endurance racing. All of them loved it. None of them take much notice of any other race, some of them still don't like motor racing, but the group of 3 I orginally went with in 1999 has snowballed to about 21 now.

Not everyone goes to follow the race closely. If you take it easy and just soak up the atmosphere then I can not see anyone failing to enjoy it.

Especially a 7 year old kid. When I was 7, and when I've been with other 7 year olds, the race is absolutely the best thing that's ever happened to you.