View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2016, 00:18 (Ref:3686643)   #53
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I was trying to take a stab on total cost from 2013 to now. Real chunk of change.

Never seen sales figures on the Altima, but they CANNOT be good. Knowing the way most marketing departments run, I couldn't see this kind of expenditure going on at very many places.
It's not just about the Altima though, that's just the model they're racing - it's about the Nissan (& Nismo) brands. The spend most likely is part of the overall marketing budget.

Car companies marketing budgets are normally pretty strong, just advertising expenditure can be around $30 plus million per annum for a mid-pack player at least, and allegedly $65-$70 million at the upper end.

From there it's simply a question of where to "weight" the spend and the value the company sees in each sponsorship or spend area. Clearly in this case they see value in the racing activities - and it wouldn't surprise me if there is some assistance from the Nismo world motorsport budget out of Japan.