View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2004, 20:28 (Ref:840849)   #92
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JNWRF01
Some memories of "old" Russell - who remembers Paul Stewart winning his first (and only?) F3 race backwards over the line having got a little excited exciting Russell.
Do you remember why he won and why the race was red flagged though? It was 1989.
Mika Hakkinen lost it coming out of the bombhole, hit the tyres and rolled the car, uninjured. I have the aftermath on home movie VHS. At the same time, Paul Stewart lost it backwards across the line as you say. But luckily for him on countback he won the race!
Rob, I stand corrected on the date of the Snetterton F1 race. I was going by the 'Racing Circuits in England' book.
Eccles Road Station is still there but as the main entrance is now up by the A11 a long way to walk to get in! I assume you entered opposite the pits in those days?
I'll have to have a dig around to try and find some more Snett pics.
For those who do not live in the Anglia TV region, the new owner Dr.JP visited the circuit last Monday and was interviewed for the local news. He has vowed to start it's rejuvination with a new grandstand, albeit 'a small one for now' he said. I remember when the place had three covered stands and an open stand at the hairpin!