View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2011, 07:11 (Ref:2949758)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
You can't just jam a sticker on a car and expect results. Even the front running teams, if the sponsors want results from the sponsorship, they have to do other promotional activities. You need to spend money away from the sponsorship of the car to make the sponsorship of the car work. Complaining that the TV doesn't show your car and then blaming that on a failure of a campaign shows a lack of understanding of how to make the most of the opportunities that motorsport business can provide.
While I agree with the leveraging concept you outline, if a team has to make a decision between for example engine development or an incar camera, it kinda tells a lot about what a team rates as important that they pick one over the other.

SBR's view was that the car took precedence over the pictures of the car. Other teams may take the camera at the expense of the car...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods