View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3454007)   #23
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
The only real exception I can think of is Felipe Nasr. He's an amazing talent imo but has never quite had enough in his package to win the Feature races, which means he's further down the grid for the Sprint. Still, he's very consistent and very fast.

In some ways that's why it's nice to see guys like Vandoorne come into GP2 and win in their first ever race. For someone to do that in GP2s current climate says to me that he is a very special talent. It's the same with Merhi lapping 4 seconds per lap faster than his nearest rival in R1 last weekend. That was a special performance that I doubt many of the current F1 grid (or any active racing drivers) could've done, even with Merhi's experience. But he's been out of single-seaters for the last 2 seasons (which is bizarrely why he can't get a superlicense!!!) so that won't account for as much as Palmer's experience in GP2.

However, it is all very hard to judge (which is why Berger wants to "clean up" the F1 ladder) and I guess it's all down to opinion, but that's mine right there!
I think that the likes of Palmer,Cecotto or Coletti would be very good LMP1 drivers. Bringing budget to privateer in LMP1 thater than staying there.

There is so little running in Gp2 that these drivers starts with huge advantage. I would rather scrap race 2 in gp2 and bring an FP2 session with only one race. I'm pretty sure that talents would surge from there.

Marciello and Arthur Pic showed good speed.