View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3703819)   #188
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
What you really need is a French spec 205 Rallye when I've finished the resto! Still not good on Autoroutes though.....

Just reading the local weekly paper, I find that Wymondham based Zenos Cars have gone into administration. http://www.zenoscars.com

Started, I believe, but ex Lotus people, the stuff I've seen driving around here is stunning, and got very good reviews by the press. Such a niche market, so always a risk. They received £240k funding from the local LEP 2 years ago- whoops!
Perhaps I had better visit Attleborough next time I'm in Norfolk...

There are so many good classic events round here I really to find myself something so I can get involved. The 205 Rallye might be good; the GTi & Convertible (actually watching one of those 'oop north on eBay) have achieved classic status but not the ordinary versions - I think there are simply too many of them still in daily use, still hold quite good values too. There's even a high-top 205 van knocking around here.

Speaking of convertibles, there's a very tidy Metro Convertible in the area - not something you see every day!

Yes, a friend in Wymondham emailed me the Zenos story from the EDP yesterday. Don't think I knew anybody involved.

Last edited by John Elwin; 20 Jan 2017 at 13:50. Reason: Last line didn't make sense as originally written!