View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3703867)   #193
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
So, you'll be off to the auction with a transporter then, Mike?

BTW, my first car was a Morris 1100, before I discovered the error of my ways - don't buy a car that's spent it's early years next to the North Sea (well, Cley-next-the-Sea).
NO.

1100s rusted wherever they lived- like most other stuff did! Seem to recall a box section underneath that was a perfect water and mud trap.....

I don't often buy books, but the chance to buy a £60 volume about the V16 BRM today for £4.99 appealed. I've now learned that the pics I have (from my late Dad) at Snett were taken on July 25th 1953, only time the car appeared there. I would have been 3yrs 9 months old- wonder if I was there?

Oh, and the bookshop also has one (reduced) on Amedee Gordini and his cars. (Sorry no acute accents on this keyboard!) Bauble / Gerard- should I buy?