View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3760366)   #2669
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
No more bids for the 'Scort, I see. Even a genuine TwinCam V5 and chassis plates wouldn't be worth anything like that sort of money.... A mint genuine car included, then possibly yes!

I made a comment on the Revival thread about the 'Gentleman Jack' Galaxie (1963 BSCC winner) coming up for auction there, and that my belief was that it should be kept in its time warp condition. Well, Octane have a several page write up on the car, obviously a promo for the auction, but say exactly the same. Mr Balme has gone up in my estimation..... I know Jack wouldn't entertain the idea of it ever being raced again, and the feature touches on the fact that Lord March had a replica (in appearance) of the car built for the St Mary's Trophy several years ago for that reason......
Hadn't realised Jack's Galaxie was coming up for sale. You're right, that really has to stay as it is. If I had the money I'd buy it. I wonder how long it is since hJack ran it up his farm track?

Lovely, lovely man who lived up to his 'Gentleman Jack' title. Was very kind to me on a couple of occasions.