View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1348907)   #80
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crikey!

I've just spent the most amazing 15 minutes of my life reading some of the most self-serving, inaccurate and unadulterated C**p I have ever come across.

I don't work in motorsport, have never been a racing driver and am not relayed to anyone who is. I am a simple fan - I have a particular driver that I support and admire - he has no family money, no mega sponsors and no rich dood, but has simply worked hard and is making a reasonable living as a racing driver (i.e. getting paid to do it).

Daniel Clark obviously thinks very highly of himself... He starts with a huge and inaccurate rant about 'rich drivers' and slags off Lewis Hamilton for having the TALENT and (yes) the MARKETABILITY to have landed a major sponsorship deal without which he would not be racing; he then goes on to crow that he has "a rich dood" supporting him (that's ok then).

I have did have the great pleasure of meeting Lewis and his family a couple of years ago, and they were really nice ordinary people; as for Lewis, lets face it - he is good, very, very good, which is the primary reason he has McLaren support.

Grow up fella and let the driving do the talking and maybe, just maybe people will see past the ego and the rich dood and see that you are after all the driver you obviously believe yourself to be.