View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2013, 05:51 (Ref:3288655)   #36
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aw jesus h christ, what a disappointment that was. The only race I bother to watch all year, so I can finally see a decent driver win a race, and it's a screw up. Indycar finally learned, after a number of years, that closing the pits during yellow does nothing but ruin anyone's races that actually has the talent to not burn through their fuel and tyres early. Not Nascar though, they'll still ruin drivers races simply because those are the nature of the rules.

But yeah I don't know how they went so far off with Ambrose' final stop. Might as well have left it how it was - he had no trouble passing Harvick earlier on for the lead. Make a change and suddenly he can't even get past Mears.

It is weird that on a road course you get someone like Ambrose being dominant, excluding Bowyer, 0.4s faster than the entire field in quali. Then anywhere else on the ovals, he'll be lucky to finish top 20 every time out. What does it say about this series? Seems like driver talent is a lot less important than most series. Franchitti's short lived Nascar career and Montoya are case and point. end rant.