View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2015, 10:09 (Ref:3502821)   #15
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
My view is that if a 17/18 year old can drive a Formula 1 car then there is something wrong with Formula 1. It should take many years experience to get to the level required to handle a proper F1 car because they should be difficult and, yes, even dangerous to drive. It would appear that a quick season in karting and; Bang! You are a Grand Prix driver.

I am quite happy that Verstappen drives for Toro Rosso, why not? Any kid can drive one these days, they are far too easy to handle.

It would be fun to watch these guys handle something like a 1951 Alfa Romeo on a tree lined, soaking wet Spa. Then you would sort the men from the boys.
Back then racing really was dangerous, today it's child's play.

So back to the original point; Verstappen should not be capable of driving in Formula 1, rather than banned because of his age.

Fell free to disagree.

Bauble.
Without wishing to sound too much like an old git who's living in the past, I feel compelled to agree.