View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2610441)   #22
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
I should have known better, as I half remember Tim Harvey telling the story of Istel becomming a sponsor during the 1988 season in an Autosport interview late 1980's/early 1990's. Don't know why Istel dropped Harvey in the first place as they seemed to go very well together in future deals, but had it something to do with Austin Rover products vs. Ford? Another vague memory, that is.

I will continue my current format of presenting the results but as there seems to be a lot more info around than for the earlier years, I will re-post them with the info gathered, when the dust is about to settle.

Jesper
They hadn't dropped Harvey totally, as they were still backing the Harvey/Hodgetts Tiga in the BRDC C2 sportscar series- though that of course used an Austin Rover engine. Must admit, I hadn't thought of the ARG v Ford angle to the question. They did sponsor his outings in the Charles Ivey Tiga-Porsche at Le Mans though IIRC