View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3783435)   #90
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fukuzumi to F2 now? I can't say of all the drivers in GP3 this year that he stood out it was him. In fact barely anyone did except Russell.

Fuku dominated by Russell and Aitken beating him as well who had a very average year. Even Hubert (who bear?) was only 11 points behind Fukuzumi. And it was Fukuzumi that went in with his second season with ART while Russell and Hubert were rookies. So yeah a bit surprising Fukuzumi is moving up.

De Vries I think is the best option for Prema to be honest. He had a rough 2016 against Albon and Leclerc with ART, with some mistakes and bad luck, but he's got the talent and was better than the season points showed (still beat Fukuzumi though). So I'd have put him in the #1 seat as well. Assuming Rowland moves on or stays loyal to DAMS.

Hey what about Ticktum? Does he have the budget/sponsors to completely bypass GP3? A season in GP3 for him is a waste. I've always disliked him for "that incident", but damn he is quick isn't he? Scores twice as many points as all 4 DAMS drivers combined in just 4 races, and that Macau win! Latifi's never going to win a title so....

If Hartley or Gasly end up being slow they'll need to pull him up to Toro Rosso for 2019 and spending a year in F2 will be far better preperation than GP3 battling behind the dominant ART's.

I see Norris signed with Carlin. Bit of a mistake I think. Probably won't be a title contender in their first year.