Old 30 Oct 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3684044)   #60
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Wow, so Nascar's crappy truck series gets roughly the same as F1 and Indycar combined.

That's the last time I'll be taking seriously anyone that moans that F1 or Indycars look ugly when you've got twice as many rednecks watching this monstrosity going around in circles:

Sorry to any ute fans, but I do think even a Prius is more visually appealing than a ute.
Do you think NASCAR trucks are crappy from experience, or are you adopting the default position of most open wheel circuit racing fans?

I just watched the truck race at Martinsville, it was my favourite race of the year so far, great action from start to finish. Much more exciting than the coma inducing F1 races I have given up forcing myself to sit through.

I think F1 cars are ridiculous. They spend billions developing aerodynamics and materials, spend more billions hauling them around the world, and then at the first corner they disintegrate in a shower of plastic chips.
I would rather listen to a big v8 through straight pipes than a washing machine motor attached to a motorcycle engine.
Almost nobody buys plastic cars, nobody buys cars with stupid wings all over them. It's all so pointless trying to beat a set of rules that get stranger every year.

I guess I must have these feelings because I am a Redneck Good Ol' Boy from the Deep South (of England).