View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2942446)   #3
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just had a shoeing over on The Nostalgia Forum regarding the claims about the history of AC Cars.

I posted this in reply before anyone here gets the size 12s on. Apologies for the misinformation.

A rookie's mistake, assuming that the hack who wrote the piece in the Elmbridge Guardian that I quoted would have applied the same diligence and fact checking that I would, when writing an article.

http://www.elmbridgeguardian.co.uk/n..._rich_history/

Pre-WW1 cars are not my area of speciality, so I do not have the knowledge to spot an obvious howler, but I should have checked. So apologies for that.

The point of the post remains valid though, that there will be a Concours on Sunday, free to see, of some historic high performance cars.

The other benefit was to encourage me to get the Peter Brock Daytona Cobra book off the shelves and immerse myself in that for a few hours.

All we need is some sunshine on Sunday, not much in evidence here in the parish of Esher today.