View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2004, 00:20 (Ref:1139409)   #23
stuartcmorrison
Rookie

stuartcmorrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi I'm Stuart, a 12 year old kid in a 38 year old body & feeling evryone of those 38 years after tonights game of footy. I live in Redditch, Worcestershire & until recently had spent my entire working life in aerospace engineering mostly as a development technician, I have now escaped & spend my days developing properties.

After my teens I was never particularly interested in cars (had a spell with bikes including some track days) but rather strangly I've recently found myself watching & recording loads of motor racing off sky tv, then started talking to some friends who do autograss, browsing the internet, looked into Caterham Academy for 2006 (2005 already full), bought Autosport & subscribed to Circuit Driver all in the space of about 3 weeks.

Anyway I decided 2006 was to long to wait to get on track & after looking at the attendee lists on easytrack & seeing the diversity in machinary I was satisfied that my standard Mini Cooper was good enough for trackdays & fully intended to enrol on the Mallory Park event on 6th November.

Then last Saturday I read about this Honda Civic called the Type R, I had a test drive on Monday & tomorrow (....is that the time, actually later today) the Cooper is being chopped in, unfortunatly I've got to to run around in a Civic S demonstrator for a couple of weeks while they sort out my leather interior.

The plan now is to take delivery of my new Type R, run it in & get my first (car) track day in before the end of november, in the meantime I'll keep browsing looking at Nobles, Ultimas, Radicals, XTR's, Caterhams etc & of course getting on the forum.

Cheers, Stuart.