View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3763377)   #17
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
I will preface this by saying I am a Nissan owner, and Nissan Motorsport member. I have 2 Nissans in the driveway at the moment. No Altimas, not my cup of tea at all. No utes or SUVs either. OK, the Altima has not been a sales success - but was the Supercars program about moving Altimas, or about brand marketing? Let's face it, a CVT equipped fwd V6 isn't going to get a lot of peoples blood rushing.

I don't get how people want more manufacturers, but when one comes in, in 2013, they get bagged because of a poor win/loss record. So if Kia comes in, and is also a middle of the road team, I guess they will get bagged as well.

When Nissan and the Erebus AMG entered with DOHC motors, they had to stick with engine parameters relevant to the OHV Fords/Chevs, both with long development history. At least when Volvo came in they were allowed to use a different bore/stroke to arrive at the 5000cc - possibly that was a factor in why their DOHC was a success. AMG and Volvo are gone, but Nissan is still hanging in there.

Nissan have not been a winner (apart from a couple), but they have not been a failure, either. They are usually middle of the road, with some weaker and some stronger results. An LDM they are not!

With all the bleating about the VASC future, with no new manufacturers on the horizon, and with Holden being the only other manufacturer committing dollars to the game, that there would be a bit more positivity about trying to keep Nissan in instead of trying to create a negative about Mr Emery leaving. Or do you guys want VASC to become the VCC (VACC is taken)???
It would be great if Nissan wanted to stay. A start would be to sign top-level drivers like the off-contract Mr. Mostert to pilot the Nissan chariots.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Nissan Motorsport has the proper budget and (subsequently) proper choice of drivers to be a competitive force.

I would definitely be in favour of Nissan receiving parity concessions on the engine front. That Volvo were able to allowed a longer stroke than everyone else is most unfair, and was a big advantage to them given the low 7500rpm rev limit (whereby torque is what you want to optimise).