Thread: 2018 TCR UK
View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3761198)   #154
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
I'm all for more touring car racing, but if I was looking to splash my company logo all over a racing car, I know which series I'd pick...
I guess this is the crux of the matter. I've seen a few articles floating around today where people are suggesting that TCR UK will take the place of BTCC within five years. I'd be pretty surprised if this were to happen, I think at best BTCC may adopt TCR rules (or a derivative) but can't really see this happening either. Getting a huge grid is only a small part of the recipe that goes towards trying to challenge a series that has a 50+ year history in this country, there are so many other things which need to put in to place.

As I've alluded to earlier in this thread I don't see either series stepping on the others toes initially (although I do have worries for other series in the UK) At the moment it seems that neither camp have this on their mind and are happy to let the other get on with their own thing. I really hope it continues the last thing we need is a war of attrition between the two series.