View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2017, 05:10 (Ref:3739859)   #10
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember SBS doing a fair bit of racing in the early 90s, Sandown 500s, Eastern Creek 12hrs, Calder NASCAR/AUSCAR etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer
the chances of the original version of that still surviving must be pretty low if the rest of it hasn't turned up by now unfortunately.
I agree, but then again, for YEARS the story that did the rounds was that Channel 7 had thrown out all their archives of motor racing and very little was left, the story was the common one peddled and thought of as fact.... then all of a sudden over the past 5-10 years all this old Ch7 footage has come out of the woodwork and it turns out alot of it was kept. Who knows what might turn up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Rust has a funny story with regards to the ST coverage, involving Mr Murphy, a Volvo S40 showcar, and some precariously-placed camera equipment.
Would love to hear the story

I remember Murph pulling off the rare trick of being able to commentate the first round of the 1997 Super Tourers at Lakeside....while at the same time driving his HRT Commodore at Winton