View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2017, 18:36 (Ref:3758434)   #276
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If they stick to the current ideals then yeah, for sure. But they have run WEC at Sebring before. Ok the race was a mess and had about 9-10 classes, but it does show they can make it work.

They can adjust if they want. It's more a case if they want to adapt to fit an American style circuit, or if it's worth it. WEC really hasn't taken off in America, so should they keep going at it? Or just move elsewhere?
Ah, I was there, if you just ignored the sub-classes it was fine.

That was early WEC and there were not as many entrants as there are now.
The logistics of renting the haulers/garages and pit equipment to all of the teams in the WEC seems extremely daunting if not impossible.

Edit - my opinions aside, I think they give up on the US. It would be better for the European fans anyway, especially if that date went to a "classic" venue.