View Single Post
Old 24 May 2007, 23:22 (Ref:1920695)   #4
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello there.

I do race in Club100 and have done for 4 years now (think there a couple more of us too). I'm 26 too and i'm towards the younger/average age!!! Yes there are a couple of 17 year old who race but also people in there 40's and 50's.

Yes £1500 for a year looks bit steep, but you can do just one or two races (at £150 a time) and see if you like the Club 100 atmpsophere. If you like it then good keep doing it.

also you do not have to worry about putting new tyres on, buying spares, cleaning it, worrying about jetting, repairing the engines, worrying why you spent £500 on a new chassis only to have it broken in the first race!!

if you bite the bullit and buy your own and find its not for you then it costs alot. with club100 you get to try before you buy in effect.

Apart from looking at karting.co.uk website for more info i can't help you much for club racing.

btw have you done much karting at all?? if not then it is an experiance to have 25 other karters on track with you at once in club100!! not sure how many club series have that many people on track at once?

also we are at Clay saturday and Sunday, racing from about 10am till about 6pm both days for any one else who is interested in watching.