View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3727778)   #80
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for sure full blame goes to Sainz for the incident but i sort of see with where gert is coming from.

Stroll has more to lose so while he has no blame for the corner incident surely he has some responsibility in getting his car to the checkered flag for the first time.

hindsight for sure, but looking back and if he had it over should he have given up that corner/line, let Sainz overshoot and undercut for position into the next corner, used his warmer tires, looked for an opportunity later in the lap etc?

obviously there is an issue of what Stroll saw or didnt see/what info his team should have given him but there is a better way to defend for position against a car screaming out of the pits on cold tires imo.

definitely a learning experience for the rookie.